Acknowledgements & Image Rights
The 'Description' components of the Manuscript records are extracts from Helmut Gneuss, Handlist of Anglo-Saxon Manuscripts (Tempe, AZ, 2001), reproduced by permission of the author.
The DigiPal image server uses the Kakadu JPEG2000 library under license.
The digital images of manuscripts and charters on this website are copyright of the respective libraries or archives:
- The British Library: © THE BRITISH LIBRARY BOARD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any copyright or database right that subsist in the Work remains the property either of the British Library Board or individual persons. The Work may not be used, sold, licensed, transferred, copied or reproduced in whole or in part in any manner or form or in or on any media to any person without the prior written consent of the British Library. See all DigiPal images from the British Library here.
- Cambridge, Corpus Christi College: by permission of the Master and Fellows of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. For high-quality digitised images, catalogue information and bibliographies of all Corpus manuscripts see Parker on the Web. See all DigiPal images from Corpus Christi College here.
- Cambridge, Trinity College: Copyright © The Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge. Reproduced with permission. For full access to the original digitised manuscripts see the James Catalogue online. See all DigiPal images from Trinity College here.
- Canterbury Cathedral Library and Archives: by permission of the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury Cathedral. See all DigiPal images from Canterbury Cathedral Library and Archives here.
- The J.P. Getty Museum: The Getty makes available, without charge, all available digital images to which the Getty holds the rights or that are in the public domain to be used for any purpose. No permission is required. See further the Getty's Open Content Program. See all DigiPal images from the Getty Library here.
- Gloucester Cathedral: by permission of the Chapter of Gloucester Cathedral. See all DigiPal images from Gloucester Cathedral Library here.
- Westminster Abbey: by permission of the Dean and Chapter of the Collegiate Church of St Peter, Westminster. See all DigiPal images from Westminster Abbey here.
- The Wellcome Library, London: These items are from Wellcome Images and are available under a Creative Commons Attribution only licence CC BY 2.0. See further their Terms and Conditions. See all DigiPal images from the Wellcome Library here.
- Winchester College: These items are from Project Woruldhord, University of Oxford; © Winchester College. They are available under Creative Commons BY-NC-SA Licence. See further the Project Woruldhord page for Winchester College. See all DigiPal images for Winchester College here.