Vacancy: Palaeography and Digital Scholarly Editions, Early Stage Researcher
I noted in a previous post that twelve positions in digital scholarly editions are now available, including one in palaeography in the University of Graz with Dr Georg Vogeler. Further information about that specific position is now available from a flier on the DiXiT website. Please remember once again that this is independent of the DigiPal project, so please do not contact us but contact Dr Vogeler instead. However, the successful applicant will spend 8–12 months with us here at the Department of Digital Humanities in King's College London.
The full announcement is reproduced here:
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
The Centre for Information Modeling - Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities at the University of Graz (Austria) is offering a position for an
Early Stage Researcher “Paleography and Digital Scholarly Editions”
40 hours/week; fixed-term employment for the period of 3 years, starting 1 April 2014.
- The research fellow will do supervised research on “Paleography and Digital Scholarly Editions” in the Marie Curie Initial Training Network “DiXiT”.
- She/He will evaluate the role of digital facsimiles and text/image-linkage for modeling transcription methodologies in the context of digital scholarly editions.
- She/he will study the potential of these methodologies for analysis in paleographical and codicological research and do exemplary paleographical research with selected digital scholarly editions.
- Relevant university degree (Master-level), preferably in the Humanities.
- Prior experience with scholarly editing / paleography OR knowledge of data modeling / annotation methods and practices (e.g. TEI)
- Ability to present the subject in English (spoken and written).
- High level of commitment and motivation for scientific work and international collaboration.
This position is funded through the Digital Scholarly Editions Initial Training Network (DiXiT). To download the mandatory Application Form, visit http://dixit.uni-koeln.de/fellows.html.
Note that applicants must
- ... be in the first four years of their research careers and not yet have a doctoral degree.
- ... not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organization (i.e. Austria) for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date.
- ... be willing to spend 8-12 months of their tenure at our partner institution, the Department for Digital Humanities at King’s College London (UK).
Application Deadline: 10 December, 2013
Send your application, including a letter of intent and CV, by mail or e-mail to: email@example.com
Zentrum für Informationsmodellierung
Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities University of Graz
Merangasse 70, A-8010 Graz
The completed Application Form must be sent separately to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information see http://dixit.uni-koeln.de/fellows.html or contact the Centre at email@example.com or +43 316 380 2292.